2. Download suitable tftp server. We used the 64-bit version of tftpd from TFTPD
3. Temporarily turn off your firewall . If you do not do this you will get 1800 error from the nano router.
4. Turn off the wireless connection on your computer and connect with ethernet cable to the router.
After a while you should be setup with IP address 192.168.1.100 and 255.255.255.0 netmask.
If not you can setup these manually.
5. Start the tftp server and set the base directory to be where the bin file downloaded . In tftpd you do this by clicking settings, then selecting TFTP-tab and browsing to the directory.You can transfer the bin file to tftpd directory better into Program files.
6. Point your web browser to 192.168.1.253, you get a login screen, type admin and press enter
7. On the menu on the left side of the screen click on (System tool), then select (Firmware Upgrade) . Look the below photos.
8. On the next screen you will have place for filename and tftp server address.
Set the filename to wr702nv1-en-up.bin ( the bin file you downloaded )
and address to 192.168.1.100 (which is the IP address assigned to your computer).
9. Below these are two boxes, click the one on the left box , then click OK.
10. There will be a counter as the file is loaded, you will also see the progress in the tftpd main screen.
If there is an error you will get a warning page with error code like 18000, 18001, etc.
Use the Google translator to see the message.
Error 18000 : You do not stopped the firewall.
Upgrade is not successful, check to see if you turn TFTP
server and upload the file is in the appropriate directory.
11. Wait until the device reboots.
12. Now the nano router IP address has changed.
13. Turn on your firewall and point your browser to 192.168.0.254, you will get login screen,
both username and password are admin.
Android applications into Play Store Universal Remote Control Free - Android application on Google Play: Universal Remote Control Pro - Android application on Google Play: YouTube Video
If you like our work and the applications, we could use your help in supporting the attempt.
Simply click on the Donate button below to go to a secure PayPal donation page.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
TP Link is trademark of TP Link TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd.